Shades EQ Obessed Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The Shades EQ Obsessed Contest (the “Contest”) starts on August 1, 2020 at 12:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on September 10, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST (“Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older at time of entry and a licensed salon professional. Anyone under the age of majority in their state, (eighteen (18) in most states, nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska, and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) at the time of entry must also have the consent of one of his or her parents or legal guardian, and a parent or other legal guardian must agree to the enforceability of these Official Rules. Redken (“Sponsor”), and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, 1) open the Instagram app and follow @Redken, if you do not do so already; 2) upload a picture or video (e.g. Halloween costume, tattoo, cookie) on your Instagram feed of your tribute to Shades EQ.; 3) submit using #SEQObsessedContest (collectively an “Entry”). All online entries must be received by 11:59 PM EDT on September 10, 2020 to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per person, per Instagram account for the duration of the Contest Period. Multiple entries received from any person or Instagram account after the first entry received from that person or Instagram account will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all necessary releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
3. REQUIREMENTS OF ENTRIES: Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
- must be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards;
- contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
- contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
- use music;
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate;
- and/or violates any law.
By submitting an Entry, entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many Entries in connection with this Contest and/or other contests staged and/or promoted by the Sponsor, and that such Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Entries submitted in connection with this Contest and/or other contests sponsored by the Sponsor or submitted for other reasons or other materials developed by the Sponsor. Entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the entrant may be similar to his/her Entry, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such Entry or other works used by Sponsor.
By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on Sponsor’s branded websites or social platforms. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. Entrants agree that they will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
4. JUDGING: All eligible Entries received by Sponsor will be judged by a panel of qualified judges based on the following criteria: creativity (35%), visual appeal (25%), image quality (20%) and style (20%). The three (3) Entries with the highest scores will be deemed the potential winners. In the event of a tie, the Entry with the highest score in creativity will be deemed a potential winner.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified on or about September 18, 2020 by Instagram. If user has enabled direct messaging on their Instagram account, potential winners will be notified via direct message on their Instagram account from Sponsor. If potential winner does not have direct messaging enabled, the potential winner will receive prize notification via a comment on their submitted Instagram photo from Sponsor. Potential winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, publicity release within seven (7) days of date of issuance. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, potential winner does not respond to Sponsor’s communication with 48 hours from time of contact for any reason, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion up to three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. If a potential winner is an eligible minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
6. Prizes: Three (3) potential winners will each receive Redken Lab Samples of 2021 Shades EQ Product Launch. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $16. Total ARV of all prizes:Limit of one (1) prize per potential winner for entire Contest Period. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes or to choose fewer than three (3) winners if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize; and (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. By participating, entrant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Contest without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prizes, the incorrect uploading of the photo or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner[s] from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Winners’ LIST: For the names of the winners (available after October 2, 2020), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Shades EQ Obsessed Contest Winners, c/o Redken 10 Hudson Yards, New York NY 10001 for receipt no later than April 2, 2021.
12. Sponsor: Redken, 10 Hudson Yards, New York NY 10001