WHAT IS DIVERSION?
If you don't know the answer to this question - you're not alone. Nine out of ten consumers do not know what diversion is. But you probably have witnessed it.
Diversion is when products are sold in "unauthorized" places. For example, all genuine Redken products are sold exclusively in salons. But you might come across a few bottles in your local supermarket, drugstore, online or at a discounter. Salon professional products you find outside of a salon are considered to be "diverted."
WHY DIVERSION IS BAD
Diverted products can be counterfeit, diluted formulas, or old, expired formulas that may not be safe to use.
Redken states on all its advertising, "Genuine Products Guaranteed Only In Salons." This means if you buy our products in a supermarket, drugstore or any other outlet other than a salon, we cannot guarantee that it is an authentic Redken product that will perform as tested.
ARE YOU IN DANGER?
You could be. Contaminated or counterfeit products could cause irritation or even infection.
WHO IS DIVERTING PRODUCTS?
Products are diverted by unauthorized distributors and salons or their employees, plus other dishonest individuals who see profit in piracy.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP STOP DIVERSION
Don't risk it, don't buy it! And tell your friends about the potential danger of diverted products! If you see a Redken product for sale outside a salon, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com with the city, state and name of the location where you saw the products. You can also call the Redken Diversion Hotline 800-503-3997 to report diverters. We will conduct a full investigation.
WHAT IS REDKEN DOING TO STOP DIVERSION
In order to protect Redken salons and to ensure that consumers only receive the highest quality Redken products appropriate for their specific hair needs, Redken continues in its commitment to aggressively combat diversion:
- A former FBI agent developed the strategies and oversees the implementation of Redken's anti-diversion program.
- Exclusive product coding is used to track the movement of Redken products. This is the method for tracing products to industry diverters.
- Redken representatives undertake regular shelf sweeps at unauthorized retail outlets in the U.S. These products are subsequently decoded in an effort to identify diverters.
- Ongoing intelligence procedures uncover diversion schemes, including those involving stores and misuse of the Internet.
- Diversion information can be communicated to Redken's Security Department by calling the Redken Diversion Hotline at 1-800-503-3997 or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can help stop diversion! Redken offers monetary rewards for specific, supportable information leading to the identification and sanction of diverters of Redken products.